A great way to grow your list is with content upgrades. Content upgrades are in-content lead magnets that are related to the content you attach them to. It’s kind of like bonus content that adds value to the content your audience is already reading and interested in. To get the additional content your audience member will have to sign up for it because it’s gated.
There are many types of content upgrades that you can create. Let’s look at some examples.
- Cheat Sheet – Help guide them through an action. For example, if you write a blog post about webinars you may include a cheat sheet of the things you need to do before, during, and after the webinar to make it more successful.
- Check List – If you’ve provided a long blog post to your audience you can help the information stick with a good checklist that will help your audience follow your process and do what you have stated works.
- Resource List – While a resource list is a great blog post idea, providing a download PDF version is even better. That way they can keep it on their computer and refer to it whenever they need it. You can make the resource list slightly different than the blog post as it can be a simple linkable list to the items you described fully in your blog post.
- Transcripts – Anytime you create a video there is an opportunity to also provide a transcript. Some people prefer reading transcripts to watching videos. Give them that option any time you have video content of any kind.
- Additional Videos – You may choose to put a clip of a video within a blog post, but offer the entire video via gated download. As you see, content upgrades can be in any type of format.
- Recording of Webinar – If you have a webinar, offering the recording is a great way to get people on your list for those who missed the webinar. It’s a great way to repurpose webinar content.
- Quick Start Guide – This is helpful information to help people get started with something quick. For example, if you have a yoga website you could offer a quick start guide to getting started with yoga.
- An In-Depth Guide – You can also go deeper with the guide to make it more in-depth. For example, you may want to create a guide that teaches people how to get their first site up with WordPress or another builder.
- eReport – You’re familiar with reports, and it’s still a great way to offer a content upgrade.
- eBook – Same with an eBook, it’s a great way to offer a content upgrade to provide an entire book about the topic that you’re blogging about.
- Whitepaper – These are always a great way to explain to your audience more about their problems and the solutions that you and others provide for those problems.
- Printable – This works great on recipe sites, homeschooling sites, and even self-help sites. You can let people download and print all sorts of things like coloring books, exercise sheets and more.
- Worksheets – Whether it’s math problems for homeschoolers or a quiz to ensure that your audience member understood the concepts you taught them in a blog post. Worksheets are very popular content upgrades.
- Assignments / Homework – A great way to show your expertise is to teach something within content on your website and then give them assignments and homework to do.
- Interviews – Put transcripts of interviews on your blog as a blog post and offer the recorded interview as the content upgrade.
- Case Studies – Any time you can provide a case study regardless of format that expands on the information you’re providing it makes for a great content upgrade.
- Additional Points – Write a blog post about 20 ways to do something, then offer a content upgrade that is 101 ways to do the same thing.
- Challenges – Writing about how to do anything, you can also offer a content upgrade that is a 30-day challenge. That challenge can be delivered via email, or you can use the email to invite them to a secret Facebook group.
- Templates – This works for all sorts of things. If you have good templates, you use in your business why not share them?
- Product Teasers – Offer your audience sneak peaks of products and services that you offer.
- Free Chapter – Did you write a book? Give away a free chapter.
- eCourse – Teach something more in-depth that you wrote about on your blog.
- Swipe Files – If you use swipe files to help you get ideas for things, share them with your audience.
- Spreadsheets – Is the content you’ve posted full of data and other information provide a downloadable spreadsheet that they can use to organize the information. For example, if you want to share keywords you can do it in a spreadsheet.
You can likely think of even more content upgrade ideas than these. Ideally, you want to include a content upgrade within the content of every blog post that you publish.
READERS LIKE YOU ARE ALSO INTERESTED...
- CHECK OUT ALL OF OUR DIGITAL PRODUCTS>>
- PLANNERS, JOURNALS, AND DIGITAL PRODUCTS>>
LET US KNOW WHERE TO SEND YOUR DIGITAL PLANNER.